Blog Design by Bling on the Blog

Monday, August 12, 2013

LET PEOPLE COME INTO YOUR HEART

LET PEOPLE COME INTO YOUR HEART: It’s not who you know, it’s who knows you


Inspiring article by Jamie Dunn on blog of +Richard Branson
Jamie Dunn says:

“To me, building up a network with key, knowledgeable and most importantly, trusted individuals is one of the best things you can spend your time doing. Not just collecting stacks of business cards that you will keep in your drawer and never use, I mean creating relationships that add value to your life and your business. Most opportunities come from developing the right connections and relationships.”
I have sometimes the impression that people do only concentrate on presenting themselves in the networks instead of reaching out to people. They have learned to function.
You can be the best marketing person in the world, but if nobody knows who you are then does it really count?
Especially Twitter is a great tool for networking, maintaining relationships and creating new ones.
Do you really notice people or do you only share your stuff?
Twitter is like a great avenue where people meet others and there are indeed people who say hello to you because saying hello shows that we are friendly, open and interested in other people. The only problem is that not all people are open and want to say hello back.
How can relationships develop when we nip them in the bud?
Life seems to be a matter of course.
Do we live our life with arrogance or with openness and a heart for other people?
Do we try to impress with authority or with empathy?
Does trust come from:
I trust that you believe in my authority!
Learn to respect me!
or from:
I offer you my empathy and my trust that you are able to develop trust in me!
??
I prefer the second option.
And you?
 
LET PEOPLE COME INTO YOUR HEART!
BE OPEN FOR OTHERS!
 
Read the article: http://goo.gl/Ek9eV
(Image from Aidan Jones on Flickr: http://goo.gl/D4KPT)

No comments: